Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Papkeszi Play Test Weekend (2) Report

Hi folks!

We  had a gaming marathon going on this weekend from Saturday morning till Sunday afternoon to be more specific. Frankie, David, Gambit, Eshu an myself played like 11-12 games or so. It was pretty intensive. There were some rather interesting things:

1. We had 7 (!!!) different decks with 10-11 cap vampires trying to get an Enkil Cog, untap in another players turn and using Monastery of Shadows. 
2. We had a Kyasid Trophy deck which was damn cool. 
3. We had an unusual amount of 2vp-2vp-1vp games.
4. We had a sufficient beer supply. :)

I tried to build some non-combat decks, after spending the last 2 years trying to torporize everything. I had to realize that playing them is not really half as funny as it is playing a Nanani, Alastor or Multi-rush deck. Here is what I tested:

1. Follower of Set Temptation deck

I posted that deck earlier here. I made some changes in it like adding a Robert Carter and some copies of Enticement. The basic idea worked well. I could generate a lot of pool and easily put into play 4-5 vampires. Still the deck didn't work at all. With all these 10 caps around I hardly could use the temptations the way I wanted. Also I got too often stuck between 2 voter decks who just Parity Shift-ed the crap out of me. The deck is sort of fun to play, but lacks enough forward momentum to achieve any victory points. I think I will give up on this.

2. Imbued

Pretty promising. Eshu gave me some very good ideas which I will make use of. This deck has potential. However its nothing new and while it can be fun to play people hate it and therefore I don't want to play with it too often outside of tournaments.

3. Classic Ventrue

A group 1-2 Ventrue tap and bleed with some votes and multi act in it. Though the deck has the potential of winning games it isn't fun to play. 

4. Akunanse Wall

I think it is because of my play style, but Akunanse is just not the real deal for me. When it comes to playing a wall deck with good combat support I still would choose Ahrimanes. They are more versatile than the Akunanse since they have access to Swiftness of the Stag and Enchant Kindred. The 2 cards provide either a bleed for 2 (3 with The Siamese) at 1 stealth or pool from the blood bank on an uncontrolled vampire at 2 stealth. Alternatively you have a maneuver or press. 

It was a fun weekend, however I was disappointed by the games played with the Setite deck. I couldn't make a stupid vp with it...

I made some notes during the games which showed some interesting numbers. I will write a separate post for that soon.

by: Mephistopheles 




3 comments:

  1. Your, setite deck lacks ability to restrict blood gain. If you want to tempt opponents vampires you will need cards like free states rant, young bloods, restricted vitae (works like a charm). I personally prefer to use temptations on my vampires. Still disadvantage is that you have to keep them at 1-2 blood (as you can untap during hunt) which leaves them quite vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I can tempt my own vampires and that is what I did. I figured to go for the bleed untap enticement combo with one of my Setites. Also transfering a Robert Carter with the Heidelberg Castle seems promising. I think I should play a second copy of Robert Carter.

    Restricted Vitae isn't good for me since I use Abactors with Samat Ramal-Ra and Abactor is a hunt action.

    What the deck needs is 2 copies of delaying tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always turn to Vampire any time i want to. i become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my country. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete