Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Deck Idea: Temptations Wings

Hi folks!

On my way back home I had this little idea how I should build my Temptation deck, so here it is:

The basic idea is that I get back a lot of pool from my vampires through the Villeins. Samat Ramal-Ra will hunt with Abactor and Heidelberg can be used to transfer that blood to other vampires. Later on I will use the Heidelberg on the tempted vampires. I have 12 Temptations in a 60 card deck, so I should be able to spam them very fast.  

Now I wonder if this is enough to win a game. I have the ability to create a lot of pool and will have most likely at least 4 vampires of my own. I've never played with Temptation before, so I have no idea if you can win a game with this card. Well, it's time to test now!


Deck Name: Temptations Wings
Created By: Mephistopheles

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 24, Avg: 5,33)
----------------------------------------------
  1  Allonzo Montoya                    ani aus OBF SER6  Abomination
  1  Celine Chevalier                   obf ser        3  Followers of Set
  1  Count Ormonde                      dom OBF pre ser5  Followers of Set
  1  Dedefra                            nec obf SER    5  Followers of Set
  1  Ezekiel                            obf pot PRE SER6  Followers of Set
  1  Hesha Ruhadze                      ani obf pre SER6  Followers of Set
  1  Nepata                             obf pre ser    4  Followers of Set
  4  Samat Ramal-Ra                     OBF pre ser tha6  Followers of Set
  1  Sir Marriot D`Urban                aus obf PRE ser5  Followers of Set

Library: (60 cards)
-------------------
Master (17 cards)
  2  Dreams of the Sphinx
  4  Heidelberg Castle, Germany
  1  Opium Den
  1  Pentex Subversion
  1  Temple Hunting Ground
  7  Villein
  1  Wider View

Action (18 cards)
  6  Abactor
  12 Temptation

Action Modifier (20 cards)
  4  Cloak the Gathering
  4  Faceless Night
  4  Forgotten Labyrinth
  4  Lost in Crowds
  4  Spying Mission

Event (1 cards)
  1  Narrow Minds

Combo (4 cards)
  4  Swallowed by the Night

by: Mephistopheles

6 comments:

  1. Temptation sucks when you're surrounded by big cap vampires but you know, that's vtes and this can happen.
    Remember that you can play temptation on your vampires in order to earn an extra untap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some blood denial tech would be a good move. Putting out lots of Temptations isn't particularly helpful if none of them can be triggered for several turns. All these would help, and you should be able to afford them if your plan to bloat works:

    Amam the Devourer
    Nephren-Ka
    Young Bloods
    Impundulu
    Gregory Winter
    Ossian

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ John Eno: Thanks for the suggestion. I was thinking of these cards, but to I am afraid of playing allies. Our metagame used to have many ally stealing cards. Well I haven't played on a regular base since a while so thinks might have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What works great with temptation is restricted vitae to deny hunt escape. Only problem is that it does not work well with abactor so it probably does not fit into your deck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also add some permanent bleeding tech to finish your prey faster (combined with Heidelberg is works wonders). Form of corruption and Khobar Towers are also classics on FoS decks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dr. Mafrune: yes, perma bleed seems to be a good iedea with Heidelberg. I think Robert Carter may be the way to go. That would be a +4 bleed/turn.

    ReplyDelete