Pages

Friday 21 May 2010

Open Dossier: Gergő "Flekk" Gyarmati


Hi folks!

Here is the second interview given on HUN FRAGMENT. Gergő Gyarmati is well known for his creativity and his unique approach to build decks and playing v:tes. He recently won the storyline event with his wonderful Karsh deck. He is a player you better be aware off!

How did you get to know v:tes?

When I was in high school, we played several types of TCGs, and also we used to roleplay a lot that time.
VtM was always one of my favourite RPGs, so when I saw VtES for the first time, it was evident to try it. Back then, I never realized it was such a good and complex game.

What was your first own deck?

I had preconstructed decks, with some additional boosts. One was a Goivanni precon, the other was Follower of set, which contained extra cards like Synesios, and some other crap that made not too much sense at all. :D
The first deck I constructed on my own, was a low-cap/weenie vote deck, with praxis seizures and KRCs.

What is your favourite memory?

The Storyline events are always memorable, but my favorite is the Reverend Adams Storyline, where I won the finals with one of the weirdest card in VtES: The Diamond Thunderbolt. :D It was quite a show!

What is your favourite clan (why)?

My all time favorite is Pander, I always liked playing weenie, Pander voter was pretty powerful in "the old days". Unfortunately they are less playable nowadays, but I still like them. The other reason, is that in VtM I played a lot with catiff/pander. But aside from them, I like the bloodlines very much.

What is your favourite deck type (why)?

I like block+combat decks, you can control the table around you with a good wall, and they are hard to oust. But I always add some trick cards, since my experience is, that lots of players can think only in patterns, they aren't prepared for some less playable or unexpected cards, which can give you more edge during a game.

How would you describe your playstyle?

I'm pretty much an all-around player, but recently I don't to too mush table-talk, even though I used to be a harsh agitator. :D
Thats the reason, I don't really play vote decks.

Do you have an all time favourite a) vampire, b) library card, c) deck (describe)?


a) Saulot
b) Baltimore Purge
c) Cybeletron, Black Hand aus wall

How do you like the recent expansions?

They're Ok, but WW should slow down with them. You never have enough time to play all your ideas from an expansion. :D

What would you like to see in further expansions?

More bloodlines, and no reprints :D Actually WW could make reprint sets, and not insert any reprints in the new expansions.

What do you think about the future of v:tes?

VtES needs more new players! Even though it is mostly for adults, there should be a new generation as well. Thats the thing
VtES community/WW should learn from other TCGs.


Thank you Flekk for the interview!

by: Mephistopheles

1 comment:

  1. I remember the Reverend Adams Storyline event. That crap common was never used as well as that time. Almost beats my Reality Mirror+Amaranth combo :)

    ReplyDelete