Pages

Friday 7 May 2010

Killer Combo: Daring the Dawn + Force of Personality

Hi folks!

No matter how hard I try, I just can't deny the fact, that my first CCG was Magic: the Gathering. Back in those days when I played m:tg only, I was a big fan of using all kind of (mostly weird) combos. If there is anything that I miss from time to time when I play v:tes, than it's the incomparable feeling of a card combination working out. Inspired by these slowly fading memories (I stopped playing m:tg six years ago an sold my collection) I've decided to find some combos in v:tes that remind me of these old days.

While in m:tg you could build entire decks around a combo formed by some cards, v:tes is a bit different. I wouldn't call Govern + stealth + Conditioning a "combo", just to get that fixed before I continue this article. While in m:tg a combo formed the core of a deck and the remaining cards where used to support this combo, I think in v:tes it's mostly vice versa: you add some weird ideas to give your otherwise dull deck some flavour or to be able to deal with situations such a deck couldn't normally deal with.

The first Killer Combo I want to introduce is Daring the Dawn + Force of Personality. With many allies likely to show up (Ponticulus, Tye Cooper, Carlton, Ossian, etc.) in modern v:tes, Daring the Dawn isn't enough any more to support a power bleed or tap 'n bleed strategy. If these two cards are used on the same action it will be almost unblockable. I guess the only ally you really can expect at a tournament that could cause you some headache is the good ol' Shambling Horde. Well, you can't have it all.














Let's take a look at some decks that might profit from this Killer Combo:

Nergal Super Bleed

If I only had 4 basic Nergals! Get a Concordance on the guy and bleed for a minimum of 8 with this combo, of course supported by cards like Blind Spot, Hide the Mind, Perfect Clarity and I am Legion. Someday I will build this deck...

Edward Vignes

It's a classic deck by now. Piloted to many finals and wins by excellent players like Ruben Feldman and Orian Gissler, who included this combo to their deck. Check the link for an example!

Daughters of Cacaphony

Not only bleed decks can use this combo. It may work wonders in a vote deck, too. Since the appearance of Lily Prelude I think it is only a matter of time until a DoC deck will show up in the TWDA again.

That's it for today guys. As always, feel free to comment!

by: Mephistopheles

4 comments:

  1. As you might suppose, I love that card :) heheh and I combine it with my only daring the dawn (no more atm in my cardbox xd)

    Just using it on my lawfirm, but if I build the Vignes deck again, it will go for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Force of Personality is going into my old school law firm decks from now on. Damn imbued. It functions as a Seduction vs almost all allies or a S:CE. Good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Nergal superbleed but back then this card didnt exist.. maybe I should dig it out of my box to give it a new chance. Maybe I will...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always turn to Vampire any time i want to. i become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my country. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete