Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Opend Dossier: Csaba ""Mr_Toreador" Greguss

Hi folks!

Here is the second interview translation from shilmulotarot.blogspot.com:


Player Profile:

Name: Csaba Greguss
Nickname: Mr_Toreador
Year of Birth: 1982
Occupation: Recruitment Consultant
City: Budapest


Questions and answers:

1. When did you start to play v:tes and where did you met it? 

It all started in 2004. I have played other card games before (Mythos, Magus) and stumbled into a shop near the Kodály Körönd. Even though they had these games I naively asked if they have some other card game as well. I left as the happy owner of 3 Toreador starter decks, since I was looking for something versatile to play and something that can influence the entire game as well. This is were my nickname is from. That week on Wednesday I played my first game at a club in Budapest (Fanyűvő) where I made my first 2 victory points.    

2. What was your biggest success as a tournament player? 

Last year at the EC in Paris. I won the tournament with the largest attendance ever, the 172 player Last Chance Qualifier with 4 Game Wins. I finished 9th place at the Day 2.  

3. What is your favorite deck, favorite deck type and why?

I always like to play with Toreador decks, but I love the Cybeletron and everything that bleeds. I leave combat decks to the other players. I like to play bleed/vote/combo decks mainly. I am testing some turbo decks currently, but I also like to build alternative decks for tournament play, like a Choir based deck. My play style favors aggressive decks, but I have learned to play them patiently.

4. What motivates you during play? Why do you think it is worth to play this game?

Friends, Tournaments, Game Wins. And the feeling when you can solve a very though situation, especially in a final. I still remember when I won a final sitting between two tupdog decks with only minimal combat in my deck.

5. How do you prepare for tournaments?

I have 3 main points: play well rested, with tested decks after a few days without playing if possible. So you feel the "hunger" to play a good game. Otherwise I think there are 3 factors to achieve good results:

1) Play very strong and well tested decks.
2) You have to play that deck very good.
3) Good seating and a bit of luck.

If you 2 of these than you can achieve 1-2 Game Wins.

6. What is the "perfect" v:tes player like?


He has to know his own strength and weaknesses in the first place. He understands the dynamics of the game and the given table. He can manipulate his environment. He plays technically flawlessly. 

7. What is your favorite crypt card?

Currently Thucimia.

8. What is your favorite library card?

Life Boon, it made me some Game Wins. It is unexpected and unforeseeable. Also fitting to my play style: Antediluvian Awakening and Curse of Nitocris.



9. What is your favorite set?

I don't have one.

10. What is your favorite illustration?

I don't have one.

11. What other games do you play?

Board Games (7 Wonders, Chaos in the Old World), Total War games on PC.

12. What is your message to new players?

Play a lot and analyse your mistakes and moves after the game. Think of what you should have done differently. Don't try to play for the vp's but for the gw's. And the more the old players try to convince you to do something else the better choice you have made.

13. What do you think about the future of v:tes?

As long as there are regular games and the players stick to the game there will be no problem. I think it will last for many years. It won't fail on me!

Thanks a lot to Csaba Greguss for answering the questions and for shilmulotarot for the interview! 

by: Mephistopheles

No comments:

Post a Comment