Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Netdecking ain't no good...

Hi folks!

It's not the first time that I realize that re-building other players decks just won't work out for me. No matter how successful that deck archetype is otherwise when I copy paste one I just suck with it. My most successful decks are those I don't think much about but build them following a sudden impulse. It seems to work vica versa since whenever I borrow somebody a deck of mine they just suck with it, too. 

So I reached the point when I say to myself: no more scrolling through the TWDA! I think the reason for all this is the difference in players play style. The same deck concept built with almost the same cards (more or less) will still differ very much. One player might put the focus on reaction cards and play the deck more slowly and defensively while the other player will put the emphasize on combat cards and play it more aggressively. When they switch decks they won't automatically switch playstyle so both will "screw up". 

In the case I see something interesting on the net I will just look at the basic idea and then open a deck builder and start building the deck myself instead of looking at the original deck list. Have you guys made similar experience with this? Comment!

 by: Mephistopheles

5 comments:

  1. I never netdecking ever :) so i dont have any advice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a netdecker. *shame!*

    However, my limited collection forces me to improvise when I don't have the cards called for. And then I playtest on JOL. I usually find out that I can't play it well enough, so I study the deck more closely then make some more adjustments based on my playstyle.

    Eventually, I arrive at a decklist that may be near or far the original, it doesn't matter. Like you, I try to understand the basic idea of the deck then build around that. Also, for such decks, I give credit to the original creator.

    My 2 cents.

    Cry Wolf
    Pulled Fangs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I used the decklist on the net like a basedeck to work and modify depending on my playstyle, everybody is different, so everybody plays different as well. Now I'm trying to change lot of deck in the TWDA for suitting my playstyle, logically I have forst to copy them, play alone with them to see the cardflow and I change 10% of the deck with cards more appropiate to my playstyle. The simple copy paste is not the best thing to do IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always turn to Vampire any time i want to. i become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my country. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete