Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Tournament Report: HNC Szolnok

Hi folks!

So here is a brief report from Saturdays HNC round in Szolnok. We were only 14 players which is a very low number when compared to the 50+ players we had in Szolnok 2-3 years ago. I've decided to play my Broken Brujah deck because I just love playing it.

1st table: my face got stuck between two fists

Here's what happened: my prey played a potence princes deck and my predator played a Beast + potence/dominate weenie deck (which was my deck actually, I've built it for him the previous night). I've just got beaten to death before I could do anything. 0VP

2nd table: Dmitra in control!

This was a good one. My prey was a dominate bleed deck without intercept and combat defense. My only cross table "ally" (4 playa table) was a Lutz deck. My predator was a Shambling Horde deck. This went pretty easy: I managed to become an Alastor pretty soon and fetched an Assault Rifle which just pwns Shambos. I influenced out Karen as a second vamp and played a New Carthage. I let my prey play all his Governs at superior to make sure he has a bunch of pool and feels save. Why you ask? To play 2 Parity Shifts on him in 1 turn and a 3rd one next turn! With +12 pool I influenced out Carlak. My prey of course could oust Lutz which was fine for me because I've got the total vote lock. From this point on I did torporize at least 1 vampire in my turn and since the two remaining players tried to play against me I could start playing those second trads to kill at least 2 minions/out-of-turn. My first target was Le Dinh Tho whom I diablerized. Pretty soon everybody ended up in torpor and a Dragonbound was the final word... 1GW 3Vp's

3rd round: time is ticking away

Another part of the Pentex Subversion Love Story. With New Carthage and a Parity Shift in my opening hand and 3 transfers to go (dreams included in this) I've decided to start which Karen Suadela. Well, as soon as she popped out my predator (Nadima Wall Deck) pentexed her. By the time my Dmitra hit the board Nadima had already 3 Raven Spies on her. Well, 'nough said. I was happy to stay in game until we timed out. 0,5 Vp's

With an altogether 1GW 3,5 Vp's I've finished 7th place cause of worse TP, Ben Peal had also 1GW 3,5 Vp's. Of course the 5th place had 1GW 4Vp's, so I missed the final by 0,5 Vp's. Again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

The final was won by Guyla Ferdos and his potence princes deck. Didn't memorize all of the final but Colos (Zsolt Cziraki, playing Virstania + Gargoyle swarm bleed) could have easily won it with 1GW 4Vp if he had made a deal brake. He decided to keep his word. I held him in the highest respect for this!

by: Mephistopheles

/pictures will follow/

by: Mephistopheles

No comments:

Post a Comment