Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Reporting back from the NAC (1): Arrival

Hi folks!

I've arrived to New Orleans yesterday, after almost 48 hours of travelling. My flight from New York to Charlotte got canceled due to a thunderstorm. So by the time I'd arrive to the Roosevelt Hotel I was almost a Zombie. They were just about to a start a little 2R+Final tournament so I just picked my Hardestadt eats the world deck to have some fun.

The first table was really awesome! Even though I managed to make 1 Vp only, it was one of the most exciting and funniest tables I've ever played. My predator was a nasty Reanimated Corpse deck which was really a pain in the ass. My predator was a sort of Tzimisce bleed deck. The cross table buddies were: Aye+Orun tech Brutal Influence bleed and a Dominate Brujah bruise and bleed. Basically we killed each other and after an hour or so everybody was down on ~3 pool with torporized vamps. At this point I had no other chance then to back oust the Samedi deck with a Parity Shift. After this I made my own vp. The 3 of us remaining went into an all-in strategy to get our next vp and hopefully a game win. Too bad for me my Hardestadt got killed by a Burning Wrath. At this point my prey had 4 pool and I still had Lodin. I had a Parity Shift + Freak Drive in my hand which would have been enough to get the vp. Unfortunately my Shift got blocked by a Second Trad. Selen made a well deserved game win.

Second Table: I had transfered already 8 pool on Hardestadt when my cross table "buddie" played the Kaymakli Nightmare which really didn't helped him, but cost me 10 pool (Ben's Blood Bothers bled me for that) and I had to take 3 more turns without a vamp in play. Otherwise my deck would have been working well, but I could't catch up with all these turns lost. 0 Vp

Today will be the last chance qualifier. Since I am already qualified I will play my Howler deck, because I didn't play it for a long time and it's one of my favorite decks. I'll report back to you what happened!

by: Mephistopheles

4 comments: