Pages

Sunday 26 September 2010

Reporting back from the NAC (4): Day1

Hi folks!

Yesterdays tournament was a disaster for me, so this will be a brief report since I am basically still under shock.

1st round: Micah Ceithanl (Tzimi) - Felipe Fiuza (Imbued) - Selen Türkay (weenie Dem) - Me (Ahrimane Wall) - John Flournoy (Aching Beauty + Mask of 1k Faces)

Normally this wouldn't have been bad, but since I didn't draw any single reaction card (!!!) (well 1 delaying tactics doesn't count) I had no chance here. If we replayed this game 10 more times, I will be able to stop Selen at least 9 times. 0 VP

2nd round: Kevin Mergen (Reanimated Corpse) - Mark Loughman (Tremere) - Michal Summers (Nosferoyalty) - Me (Ahrimane Wall) - Peter Oh (Toreador Grand Ball)

Well the only deck at this table I couldn't oust was my prey. I got him down to 5 pool once, then he played a Minion Tap + Golconda. I finished the game with 23 pool, 3 vampires fully equipped, but I just couldn't oust my prey. 0,5 VP

3rd round: Adam Hulse (Tremere! toolbox) - Brian Moritz (Ian Forestal does Summon History) - Kym A. (Obf + Dom) - Darby Keeney (Arika Mind Rape) - Me (Ahrimane Wall)

Well not much to say here. I spent the whole game trying to survive and almost succeeded. Almost means that the malk 94 managed to top deck against me twice passing my 6 intercept with 7 stealth. So big 0 VP here again.

Totally 1,5 VP would have been enough to qualify for day2. And I failed this. I feel humiliated and I am totally disappointed.

by: Mephistopheles

/brief report of the final will follow/

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling. It was at Goeteborg at the EC and 1.5 VPs was enough to reach day 2. That means basically you just have to stay into each round until time out. That sounds so ridiculously easy. But sometimes you are just screwed.

    ReplyDelete