Pages

Sunday 4 July 2010

Thoughts on: numbers, numbers, numbers...

Hi folks!

I am thinking about some new decks these days. After reading the article "Cutting down a vtes deck" on extrala, I've asked myself some questions:

1. How much successful political actions do you need for a game win?
2. What bleed potential must your deck have to ensure a game win, before running out of bleed modifiers?
3. How much vampires do you have to torporize/burn to win? How much combat cards are needed for this?

It would be great if some of you guys could take a closer look at these points during the next few tournaments. Let's make some notes during the game! If you already have a statistic like this, please kindly mail it to me: major.martin.tibor@gmail.com

// The last time I played a Toreador Grand Ball deck I played only 6 political actions and won the game with 1GW 4Vp's. The deck started with 90 cards, after the first few games I reduced it to 80. Now I am seriously considering to cut it down to 70-75. //

by: Mephistopheles

6 comments:

  1. This is something that's nearly impossible to quantify, because it depends so heavily on how much bloat and offense other players at the table are playing.

    If everyone is playing a lot of bloat, you're going to need a lot of offense to win, because even if you get through one prey you might not get through the next.

    If everyone is playing a lot of offense, you're going to need significantly less yourself, since you'll have a number of preys with low pool totals.

    The same is true of combat decks and how many minions other players are planning on having in play. Torporizing enough vampires in a one-cap Hack deck is going to be significantly harder than torporizing enough vampires in a Girls Will Find deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you are right. It is hard to predict this for a game, but I guess if you observe ~100 games you will be able to find an average you can calculate with. Something like this: at 85% of the tables won by a bleed deck, he/she had to bleed for 25-40 pool to achieve the game win. See what I'm saying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that makes sense. That kind of sample size is way beyond my ability to keep track of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to know if you would be willing to post the Toreador Grand Ball deck here. I've tried to cut mine down but can't seem to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last time we played Zoli made a remark that I like decks that have some measure to recycle cards back from ash heap. And after I gave it a thought it was true... Minions like Undele, tye cooper, or carlotta Giovanni were always my favourites. For some reason I dont really like the tablets. Masters are always a touchy issue for me... But anyway. some card recycling can keep you at a low cut deck and still having firepower for whatever comes.

    ReplyDelete