Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2010

On demand: my TGB AAA deck

Hi folks!

Torrance Circle asked me to post my Toreador Grand Ball deck, so here it is:

Deck Name: AAA - yawn
Created By: Martin
Description:
Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 31, Max: 44, Avg: 9,41)
----------------------------------------------
4 Alexandra ANI AUS CEL dom PRE11 Toreador
2 Anneke AUS CEL dom PRE10 Toreador
4 Anson aus CEL dom PRE8 Toreador
1 Francois Villon AUS CEL chi obf pot PRE10
Toreador
1 Tatiana Romanov AUS cel pre 7 Toreador

Library: (75 cards)
-------------------
Master (27 cards)
1 Archon Investigation
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Giant`s Blood
1 Monastery of Shadows
1 Pentex Subversion
7 Toreador Grand Ball
7 Villein
1 Wider View
6 Zillah`s Valley

Action Modifier (11 cards)
1 Approximation of Loyalty
3 Awe
3 Perfect Paragon
4 Voter Captivation

Political Action (15 cards)
1 Anarchist Uprising
1 Ancilla Empowerment
2 Banishment
4 Parity Shift
4 Kine Resources Contested
2 Neonate Breach
1 Reins of Power

Reaction (13 cards)
2 My Enemy`s Enemy
2 On the Qui Vive
3 Second Tradition: Domain, The
4 Telepathic Misdirection
2 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (7 cards)
7 Majesty

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Heart of Nizchetus

Event (1 cards)
1 Anthelios, the Red Star

I didn't take it to a tournament, yet. After several rounds in casual games I have a very good feeling for this deck. It seems well balanced and I could win most of the recent games with it.

by: Mephistopheles

5 comments:

  1. Where's Obedience? Don't you guys do a lot of combat? Also, Anson can't misdirect, but he can Deflect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never needed Obedience. We do combat, but I don't think obedience will save your ass against tupdog rush, weenie animalism etc. I don't want to play 10+ obedience, would make the deck less agressive. I know Anson can't misdirect, but I love to have some intercept! I never had a problem with the reaction module.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, Thanks for posting.

    Interesting, I'm wondering if when you played it you ever came close to running out of cards? I'm very interested in the ratios as well. You said it was well balanced, do you mean you felt you were able to draw the cards you needed most of the time?

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome!
    I never even came close to running out of cards. The deck is adjusted to my play style. In the first ~45 minutes I focus on gaining pool and influence out 4 vampires. With Parity Shift + Banishment this deck can control a strong prey, so I let my prey be strong in the early game. Strong prey -> weak grandprey -> strong grand predator -> weak predator. That is the basic idea. After you have 4 vampires and the cards needed, you can harm your prey a lot. Parity + Neonate Breach, and a KRC + Anarchist can oust your prey in two turns and crush the table. This is just theory of course, but it works out fine from time to time.

    Of course, always harm the rush deck, even if it is your cross table buddy.

    - Meph

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about ashurize the deck ?
    This is a sample idea:

    Library: (60 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (25 cards)
    2 Dreams of the Sphinx
    1 Monastery of Shadows
    1 Pentex Subversion
    5 Toreador Grand Ball
    5 Villein
    1 Wider View
    4 Zillah`s Valley
    6 Ashur Tablets

    Action Modifier (8 cards)
    1 Approximation of Loyalty
    2 Awe
    2 Perfect Paragon
    3 Voter Captivation

    Political Action (11 cards)
    1 Anarchist Uprising
    2 Banishment
    3 Parity Shift
    3 Kine Resources Contested
    1 Neonate Breach
    1 Reins of Power

    Reaction (9 cards)
    1 My Enemy`s Enemy
    2 On the Qui Vive
    1 Second Tradition: Domain, The
    4 Telepathic Misdirection
    1 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

    Combat (5 cards)
    5 Majesty

    Equipment(1 card)
    1 Heart of Nizchetus

    Event (1 cards)
    1 Anthelios, the Red Star

    ReplyDelete