Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

Deck Idea: Stop the Girls!


Hi folks!

I just came along this idea while drinking my coffee and so I built this deck in like 2 minutes or so. I am sure it can be improved. However I already like it, though it's not combat. Actually it's a dull stealth-bleed. You know I hate the Girls will find archetype so I was thinking of a deck might have a chance to oust it. 

First of all I wanted to make sure to pack a bunch of Sudden Reversal's in the deck, 5 seemed sufficient. The second thing I have to deal with is the Ashur angle of the Girls's deck. The Solution is of course Trochomancy! It's self explanatory. I couldn't resist to add a Not to Be and a The Uncoiling to the deck, so I have a good chance to kill the Anthelios. Now the only problem I still have to face is Aksinya's ability. She is maybe the strongest weapon of the Girls will find deck. However those decks play with very little wake cards only, so I need to make sure she's tapped. That is exactly my problem: how to do that? I don't have any free master slots so Misdirection and Anarch Troublemaker are out of question. Mind Numb seems like a way to go for. The problem here is that it's hard to find the right crypt cards for it. Halim Bey and Black Lotus don't have presence. I am stuck with this Aksinya problem. Should I figure this out, the deck could actually be able to oust a Girls will find deck. Mind Rape on Aksinya would be another option, but isn't that way too much blood?

Deck Name:   Stop the Girls!
Created By:  Mephistopheles
Description: A deck designed against the Girls will find archetype

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 17, Max: 40, Avg: 7,25)
----------------------------------------------
  2  Amenophobis    dom pre OBF SER7  Followers of Set
  1  Anarch Convert           1  Caitiff
  2  Black Lotus     aus DOM obf ser5  Followers of Set
  2  Halim Bey   DOM SER obf tha6  Followers of Set
  5  Seterpenre   AUS NEC OBF PRE SER10 Followers of Set

Library: (84 cards)
-------------------
Master (18 cards)
  2  Animalism
  2  Blood Doll
  1  Coven, The
  2  Dominate
  1  Giant`s Blood
  1  Opium Den
  1  Pentex Subversion
  1  Secure Haven
  5  Sudden Reversal
  1  Not to Be
  1  Perfectionist

Action (13 cards)
  9  Govern the Unaligned
  4  Mind Rape

Action Modifier (31 cards)
  6  Conditioning
  2  Elder Impersonation
  3  Enkil Cog
  4  Faceless Night
  4  Lost in Crowds
  3  Seduction
  4  Spying Mission
  5  Trochomancy

Reaction (17 cards)
  5  Deflection
  4  Obedience
  2  On the Qui Vive
  6  Sense the Savage Way

Event (1 cards)
  1  Uncoiling, The

Combo (4 cards)
  4  Swallowed by the Night

by: Mephistopheles

5 comments:

  1. I made a similar deck with Dmitri Borodin.
    Bleed with truth of blood (bleed at +1 bleed. If this action is blocked, the controller of the blocking minion discards two cards at random from his hands) and trochomancy as action modifier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelation of Ecstasy taps a minion at +1 stealth with [ser].
    There you go.

    Tiago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnaks Tiago! I totally forgot about that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine attempt indeed but those girls cannot be stopped once triggered ;) I just wanted to propose RoE, Tiago was faster :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another way to go would be to play a spirit marionette deck. Seterpenre can't do it only because there aren't obeah skill cards. Stealing the !Gangrel and having her bleed for you, then returning her in torpor through daring the dawn is pretty spiffy. Sure, your opponent will try to Golconda her, but that's what Sudden or diablarie dorks are for.

    ReplyDelete