Pages

Monday 9 May 2011

Card Check: Abactor

Hi folks!

This is a card that hardly needs to be introduced. Besides Anthelios, the Red Star this might be the most successful promo card at least in my modest opinion. There are plenty of ways to use it which is surprising for a hunt action! Here are some ideas listed:

1. Vampires with the "blood hunts cannot be called" ability

Ariadne is a no-brainer, but Samat Ramal-Ra or Muaziz may also be damn cool. A Villein + Abactor is a decent way to gain pool. I had a Setite deck that also played Heidelberg Castle: The new vampire got a Villein, I used the Heidelberg to fill it up from Samat and than hunted with Abactor with Samat. Repeat with every new vampire. I could generate 15-20 pool this way! 

2. Vote lock decks

Any deck that is likely to obtain a vote lock and doesn't have access to Presence may find Abactor very useful. It's a perfect way to restore your vampires to full blood again. Some examples: Nosferoyalties, Mistress + Orlando or maybe titled Malkavian antitribu...

3.  The offensive use

Have it both ways! Like in an Arika Mind Rape deck: either restore yourself or hunt-n-burn the raped vampire! Less effective, but still an option would be Temptation. Any other ideas for an offensive use? Comment!

The good thing about Abactor is that you often can find a way to talk/deal it through without the vote lock (I've seen that plenty of times). Also it is just awesome that you can use it when at 0 blood, since it is a hunt action. This card surely became one of my recent favorites.

by: Mephistopheles

6 comments:

  1. And your vampires never got burned by an unexpected show-up of Mr. van Wyk??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, never. And I think Carlton won't work against Abactor. It is not considered diablerie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. Carlton does nothing here.
    I took to Paris my Arika Abactor Mind Rapist deck, but never had the chance to play with it. Since it was on trial, I didn't take it to any of the tournaments.
    It is quite like the one that made the Final somewhere not long ago.
    Fun deck, but generates lots of table hate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seen spirit marionette deck with abactor to burn vampires. On another note I consider Lilith's blessing at least just as good promo card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Originally I wanted to write a Villein + Lilith's Blessing killer combo post, but I figured that it is soooooooo dull that it doesn't deserve a post. Lilith's Blessing rocks of course, it's just boring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my Mind Rape Abactor deck. Won alot of casual and done decent in torneys. Gets alot of talbe hate...

    http://www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=5355

    ReplyDelete