Pages

Monday 14 June 2010

Tournament Report: Legal Crypt Miskolc

Hi folks!

So here's the report from this weekends tournament in Miskolc, Hungary. 25 players showed up which is just the perfect amount of players for a tournament (imo). I've decided to play my Brujah Alastor deck, because I actually wanted to win this tournament. Well, it was a bad choice this time.

1st round:

Gangrel bleed (force of will, daring the dawn, rapid healing) -> Toreador antitribu bleed -> Shatter zhe Gate -> Ventrue lawfirm -> Me

Dmitra didn't show up, but I had some Second Traditions and a Parity Shift, so I thought no problem, I will bring Carlak and play it slow. Well my prey's first master card was Antediluvian Awakening, which was followed by an Anarch Revolt. Cybele's first action was a Contagion. Actually I burned 10+ pool brought out Carlak and Karen and got ousted by a bleed 6 with Daring the Dawn. 0 VP

2nd round:

Me -> Setite + Alonso Temptation -> Some Pot-Thau-Dom madness -> New Inner Circle deck -> Ventrue antitribu Grinder

Perfect hand + Perfect Crypt = something has to go wrong. I influence out Dmitra, my predators turn comes: he plays a Framing an ancient Grudge on Dmitra. I bring out Karen, she gets another one: 'nough said... 0 VP

3rd round:

Lutz -> Me -> Ventrue anti Grinder (another one) -> Malkavian stealth-bleed -> Setite ally deck

Since I had early pressure on me I couldn't go forward. This resulted in a lot of Govern the Unaligned at superior by my prey. He had like 6 vampire in no time. Final the Ossian and co. by my grand predator weakened Lutz a little and I could pass an Alastor. I rushed backwards too, which let me stay in the game. Before Lutz was ousted he played an Anarchist Uprising. I had the vote lock at this time and he had no modifier, but I decided not to cast any votes, so the referendum could pass. This actually crushed the table. My prey was left with 4 pool and a Fame on his weenie vampire. I tried to rush it, but he could block with Neighbour John. In his turn my prey made 2 vp's. Next turn he made another one. Meanwhile I played a Dragonbound. My prey already had the game win, +18 pool and still 6 vampires. I had 1 Dmitra who was Alastor and a useless Carlak with 2 blood on it. In my turn I torporized 1 vampire and replaced some cards. My prey tried his best, but he couldn't know that I was holding 4 copies of Second Trads in my hand + 3 combat cards. After 2 rounds my prey gave up, because he had only 1 ready vampire left. 2 VP's.

The Final was play by 4 Ventrue/Ventrue antitribu decks and 1 Inner Circle deck, who was the first to get ousted. I think I will have to return to my good ol' Blanche Hill deck, to take them for a ride in the sun...

The organization was good, the scene was nice, but I was disappointed with my result. I think I need to build a new tournament deck, although I'm sure that Dmitra will get another chance.

by: Mephistopheles

2 comments:

  1. !Ventrue is a nice clan to play with, but I am getting bored of for/dom combat grinders...

    ReplyDelete