Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Thoughts on: Deal breaking

Hi folks!

When I first started playing v:tes I've really enjoyed the game without ever getting close to getting a vp. I loved the way it reflected the role playing game. I loved the fact that it is so social, much more than any other card game I've ever played. After a year or so, when I mastered most of the rules and got to know the game better I started to feel an urge to be more successful. At this time I developed an attitude that simply resulted in the idea that everything is allowed to achieve the game win. I started to play much more aggressive decks and yes, I made many deal breaks. It didn't took the local v:tes community a long time to realize this and well, the respond wasn't really positive. Less people were smiling at me. Though being much more successful I wasn't really happy. I couldn't enjoy the game anymore. When I lost, I was angry and depressed. When I won a game including a deal break of mine, I felt bad. This went on for like 2 years until I reached a point, when I started to hate the game, while being sort of addicted to it.

It was at this time that I stopped deal breaking. I started to play different type of decks, and didn't want to win every game. I tried to have fun again. Oddly enough, it was after this turning point that I started to become really successful. I managed to win three finals without any deal breaking and I started to have fun again.

Let's just think about what v:tes means to us! For me it is a game, a hobby, a free time activity where I want to have fun. After 6 years of playing almost all of my friends are from the v:tes community. I met many-many nice people around the world, who share this love of v:tes. Do I want to break a deal against them. For God's sake: NO!

Is an NAC or EC title worth deal breaking? Not for me. Come on guys, if you want to be successful at something so much, than try to be successful in real life.

Another point, from the "technical " point of view: just don't make any deals any player may feel tempted to break. If you have a good deck, and a good understanding of the game, you won't need big deals to win a game.

And from the other point of view: if you make a deal with your predator that he won't bleed, don't be so stupid to tap out and discard a deflection...

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all mad at those players who break deals. If I see anybody break a deal I will remember him or her and just simply refuse to make a deal with him or her.

Guys, remember that this game should make fun and no game win or tournament win will make you something more...

by: Mephistopheles

1 comment:

  1. I always turn to Vampire any time i want to. i become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my country. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete