Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Papkeszi Play Test Weekend (1) Report

Hi folks!

So here's the report. Starting on Saturday in the morning we played 12 rounds of v:tes!!! Awesome! On Sunday we played only 2 rounds because we stopped for a BBQ and watched the soccer game.

Here are some pictures taken:




Here are the decks I played, with comments:

Brujah Alastor

-> Fail! After all those successful tournaments and games in the past this weekend finally told me, that I should stop playing this deck for a while. On my first table I didn't find a single Dmitra (I play 5 by now) and on the second table I was ousted really fast. There were too many votes around and I couldn't get my Parity Shifts pass. Games played: 2, Game Wins: 0

Hardestadt Multi Rush

Made a mistake when playing this deck. Should have backousted a player. Even with this mistake I got really close to a good finish, but really close = fail. The deck proved to be good, it was a tactical mistake that I made. Will surely play this deck again. Games played: 1, Game Wins: 0

Anson and weenie Presence

I always loved to play presence bleed decks. This deck focused on using Anson's ability, so I could play a little more master cards, like an additional Pentex and so on. This is NOT a master deck though, so I am totally fine if Anson doesn't show up. Victoria Ash is an awesome vampire in here. The deck worked well on the first table and got me the Game Win. A second time I played this deck it produced the most terrible card draw ever. I drew all of the seven deflections, 3 wake cards and two master cards in a row, without having pressure on me, so I couldn't do anything. And yes, I did shuffle the deck. Well, bad luck. Games played: 2, Game Wins: 1

AAA Grand Ball deck

Since I was looking for a new tournament deck, that I could play on a Day2 of a major event, I gave the good ol' AAA a try. Though it can be good, I have some problems with it. Potentially it is a very strong deck, but I will need to make some tweaks. When I played with it (also earlier to this weekend) I always had a bad crypt draw, so I need to reconsider the crypt. Games played: 1, Game Wins: 0

Tremere Wall Deck

I never liked auspex wall decks, but since it was a play testing weekend I wanted to "see the deck from the inside". Never gonna play it again. It's boring, dull and unimaginative. Enough Said. Game's played: 1, Game Wins: 0

Ariadne Toolbox

Surprise, surprise! This deck worked out wonderfully. I played two games with it and won both of them without really having any difficulties. And I didn't win against random fun decks. In one game Frankie did Shatter the Gate and I had no problem to gain 4 pool/turn and win in the end. The deck seems pretty well balanced by now, although 1-2 camera phones could do it some good. Game's played: 2, Game Wins: 2

I couldn't play all 12 games, since I had to do the cooking, and had to leave the place for a short while. Altogether I made 3 Game Wins out of 9 rounds, which seems OK. The fact that the Gangrel toolbox achieved better results than the other decks, really surprises me. There will be 2 tournaments here soon, so I will give it a try at a tournament.

From the other guys decks, there was one wonderful idea which I will show you in a separate post soon. We all agreed on meeting here again in a month for another gaming marathon, however this time we will not play v:tes, but try out some board games, like BSG, Agricola, Puerto Rico and so on...

That's it from my side, Csaba, Eshu, Frankie and Zoli: feel free to add your comments!!!

by: Mephistopheles

7 comments:

  1. Well i added mine to the original post everyone interested can reach it there... well actually it could be moved here maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The alastor deck is still very good, it's just that we know it too well by now.
    There were so many tremere decks, that i can't distinguish one from another... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can they be distinguished? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to come over for one of these weekends with you guys - looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you from? Maybe we can arrange this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. care to post your ariadne toolbox? I'm working on the same thing and wanted to compare notes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nowadays, credit cards are widely used by a large number of people across the globe. Dubai is a country which is considered as one of the richest countries in the world. According to a study, the per capita income in Dubai is very high as compared to various other countries. Because of the number of rich people there, the prepaid visa mastercards holders are also in high numbers.

    ReplyDelete