Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

Tournament Report: HNC Hatvan

Hi folks!

As I mentioned before I played 2 tournaments this weekend. Here is the report for the tournament I played on Saturday. I played a brand new deck that I had built on Friday and took to the tourney without any testing. It is a Group 3-4 Toreador deck. You will find the deck list at the end of this post. So here is what happened:

1st table:

Márk (obf-dom) - Myself - Máté (Renegade Garou) - Csaba (Reversal Malks)

We knew what Csaba was playing so he was the declared table threat. We managed to stop him from starting his combo. Meanwhile the Máté didn't rush me back and I gathered a sufficient amount of s:ce cards in my hand. There was a brief moment when the table decided to play against me, so I offered Csaba a vp for a vp and a heads-up for the game win. Csaba was ina pretty lost position by that time, so he accepted. Máté rushed me backwards with 3 Garous and I cycled my 3 s:ce cards. I ousted Máté with a Parity shift + Ancilla combo and helped Csaba to make his vp as promised. I won the heads up since I had vote lock. A pretty fast 1GW 3VP.

2nd table:

Can't remeber the exact seating.

One of the most boring tables ever. I had a bad crypt and didn't see any grand balls. Basically I spent the entire game just trying to survive. With a wall deck around and a Dmitra deck without Dmitra the whole table went time out. Really nothing to report about here.

3rd table:

Myself - Frankie (Classic Alexandra Grand Ball) - Dávid (Massassi) - Botos (Trujah) - Csaba (Reversal)
Actually I am not 100% sure about this...

Another bad table. I had an early Toreador Justicar but contested the title with Anneke. I had a lot of pressure from behind so I had to go for a backoust. Meanwhile the Massassi deck built up very well. I had a few chances to oust Frankie, but either missed that 1 transient vote push or that one +bleed action so I couldn't oust him. In the end the Massassi deck killed us all.

Final table:

Dávid (Massassi) - Milán (Cel Princes) - Máté (Garou) - Myself - Csaba (Reversal)

I don't know how on earth it happened but Csaba decided to play only backwards against me. So I already played against two players, but kept myself well in the game. At this point Csaba could convince Dávid to cross table rush me. During the entire final Dávid didn't take a single action against his prey, but instead started playing cross table against me. What the FUCK???  My deck is quite defensive, but no deck can survive playing against 3 players, especially with Garous behind and a Potence combat comming from cross table. What could I do? I offered Milan to backoust Máté, if he lets me get Csaba. This wasn't enough though. I had to cut a second deal with Dávid saying that I don't go forward until he ousts Milán. So I backousted Máté and killed Csaba. Milán and Dávid were both higher seat than me, so currently Milán was winning the final. I counted on Dávid to try to win the final, but even in this situation he did NOTHING against his prey. I cycled my deck like hell, to draw damage causing votes. Meanwhile I am totally against breaking a deal, but in this situation? I would have totally tried to oust Dávid if I could. Unfortunately I drew nothing good and we timed out. Milán won te tournament by being a higher seat than me. Very, very poorly played by Dávid. If you have no intentions at all to try to win a final than go home and let the 6th place play...

So here is my deck list:

Deck Name: The Thorne of the Rose 1.0
Created By: Mephistopheles

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 13, Max: 32, Avg: 6)
-------------------------------------------
  1  Antoinette                         AUS cel obf PRE6  Toreador
  1  Emerson Wilkershire III            pre            2  Toreador
  2  Epikasta Rigatos                   cel AUS DOM PRE8  Toreador
  2  Fleurdumal                         AUS cel DEM PRE tha8  Toreador
  1  Ira Rivers                         ani AUS CEL pre7  Toreador
  1  Kateline Nadasdy                   AUS CEL PRE    7  Toreador
  1  Lucina                             AUS cel PRE pro7  Toreador
  1  Michael Luther                     aus pre        4  Toreador
  1  Thomas De Lutrius                  aus cel pre    4  Toreador
  1  Yvette                             aus cel        3  Toreador

Library: (80 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
  1  Art Museum
  1  Elysium: The Palace of Versailles
  1  Papillon
  1  Pentex Subversion
  1  Powerbase: Montreal
  1  Society Hunting Ground
  6  Toreador Grand Ball
  3  Vessel

Action (2 cards)
  2  Entrancement

Action Modifier (12 cards)
  2  Aire of Elation
  3  Awe
  3  Bewitching Oration
  4  Voter Captivation

Political Action (17 cards)
  1  Anarchist Uprising
  1  Ancilla Empowerment
  3  Kine Resources Contested
  3  Neonate Breach
  4  Parity Shift
  3  Toreador Justicar
  2  Consanguinous Boon

Reaction (22 cards)
  4  Eyes of Argus
  6  My Enemy`s Enemy
  4  On the Qui Vive
  2  Second Tradition: Domain, The
  6  Telepathic Misdirection

Combat (10 cards)
  4  Charismatic Aura
  6  Majesty

Equipment (2 cards)
  1  Heart of Nizchetus
  1  Sniper Rifle

After the tournament I took out the 2 Boons and added another 2 KRC's. I'll write the tourney report for the ECQ Vienna tomorrow.

by: Mephistopheles

No comments:

Post a Comment