Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Deck idea: Warsaw Purge

Hi folks!

I recently spent some time thinking of Baltimore Purge based decks and I came along Alonso Petodron and Warsaw Station. I am sure many of you guys have played or seen such a deck before since there is nothing new under the sun, but in my playgroup I have nobody seen done this kind of stuff. I have never ever played Baltimore Purge before and in like 8 years of v:tes I can count the number of times I have played against one on one hand. So my experience is totally limited. 

So here is the decklist I cam up with. Any comments, help and criticism is highly appreciated. As always when talking about decks I prefer a - 2 of x card for +2 of y card pattern when making suggestions. Thanks for all your helpful advice in advance.

 Deck Name:   Alonso Purge 1.0
Created By:  Mephistopheles


Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 19, Max: 40, Avg: 7,5)
---------------------------------------------
  5  Alonso Petrodon for tha ANI DOM OBF POT10 Nosferatu
  2  Gustaphe Brunnelle obf ANI DOM POT8  Nosferatu
  1  Louis Fortier aus dom for obf pre5  Ventrue
  1  Louis de Maisonneuve aus dom obf FOR5Ventrue Antitribu
  1  Black Lotus aus DOM obf ser5  Followers of Set
  1  Assad Salhoum aus dem dom obf5  Malkavian
  1  Robin Withers dom obf pre    4  Ventrue

Library: (70 cards)
-------------------
Master (12 cards)
  3  Dreams of the Sphinx
  1  Fame
  1  Giant`s Blood
  1  Labyrinth, The
  1  Pentex Subversion
  2  Villein
  3  Warsaw Station

Action (13 cards)
  9  Baltimore Purge
  3  Graverobbing
  1  Sacrificial Lamb

Action Modifier (25 cards)
  2  Elder Impersonation
  3  Enkil Cog
  4  Faceless Night
  2  Forgotten Labyrinth
  6  Freak Drive
  6  Lost in Crowds
  2  Spying Mission

Reaction (18 cards)
  4  Deflection
  6  Obedience
  2  Second Tradition: Domain, The
  6  Sense the Savage Way

Combo (2 cards)
  2  Swallowed by the Night

by: Mephistopheles

9 comments:

  1. The deck is fantastic !!!
    My two cents:

    1) You can add weenie Lasombra to the crypt. Purges work far better with them on your side.

    2) I think you could benefit more from golconda, than villein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on Golconda and on having a Lasombra in the deck. I might try to sneak in a fortitude skill card so that you can hit IC members and use Freak Drive at superior. It would also be funny to actually make use of Vulnerability. I'd swap 1x Golconda for a Villein and 1x Fortitude for a cog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is that Baltimore Purge doesn't win you the game even if you rob some vampires. The real strength of those decks (IMHO) is the combination with Mind Rape. You rape one and play Purge. Next turn you diablerize with the raped one, burn him in the blood hunt AND have another Mind Rape ready to bleed like crazy. In a perfect turn at least ;o). The strength of playing it with Stanislava or Arika is their inbuilt +2 bleed. Your deck misses ousting power, as evil as it is right now. If you don't want to play ICs take at least 3 Parity Shifts with you.
    Brandon is right about the disability to hurt 11caps. Rastacouere (I dunno) or a Fortitude-Master can help a lot. And of course you need a Lasombra. Otherwise Purge is only yawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alonso with Enkil Cog has a bleed for 3. He can act in other players turns as well so in one turn he can bleed for 6.

    I'll add a skill card and a Reins of Power though for extra ousting power. Also don't forget the Fame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and yeah +skill card +Golconda will somehow find its way into the deck. Thanks for the comments guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don´t think of including a Reins of Power !!!
    Read carefully the text, it´s tricky ! You can choose no vampire and your prey gains 5 pool, which is actually what happens when you play against the rest of the table !!!
    In a purging deck works better ancient influence, IMHO.
    I think the deck can have enought ousting potential, because thanks to enkil cog you can multipurge, which blasts the entire table in pieces !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Ancient Influence seems like a better choice. Agreed on this one. Going through the decklist I figured that I have no need for Gustaphe Brunnelle so I have space open for including Lasombras now. Alltogether 3-4 lasombra weenies should do the job. I think I will post the new version of the deck soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I overlooked the +1 bleed on Alonso. True, with Enkil Cog he is on par with an IC. Still you are hitting harder with Mind Rapes, but I admit that is another deck concept. I second the Reins of Power-warning. I often enough tripped about the tiny details. More often than not someone at the table choose no vampire (mainly at being ousted) like already mentioned. Very annoying.

    ReplyDelete