Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Game Report: Tatu Sawosa Wall

Hi folks!

As you (might) know I wanted to build a Cesewayo deck. Since I don't own any copy of Epiphany and also lack some Magic of the Smith I still didn't built it. So I came up with another concept for Osebo using Tatu Sawosa as a main vampire. The basic idea of the deck is to build up with permanents like Enforcer, Preternatural Strength and Well-Marked. Combat cards are basically cut down to Immortal Grapple, Disarm, Thrown Sewer Lid and Taste of Vitae. The deck features a strong Auspex module. Ousting power is Fame and Dragonbound.

So I gave that deck a try and it did pretty well. We played a 4 player table, I had an Anarch Diversion Gunner as a prey and a Striga - Concordance - Fractura Baali predator. Cross table buddy was a Blood Brother. The permanent stuff angle worked out really well. Nobody could block my rescue actions while I could block, that gave me an advantage. One of the turning points was when Tatu Sawosa playd a Legend of the Leopard stealing a Venificti with it. My prey had an Aranthebes in play, so when I tried to bleed him next turn he tried to block the Venificti. At this point I played my surprise card: Veil the Legion and bled him out.

At this point my predator was sort-o-dead, so it was basically down to the Blood Brother and me. I Pentexed one of 'em, and torporized two others. Unfortunately I had a Fame on my weenie support. I ran out of wake cards for Tatu Sawosa (she had hands for 4 + Well-Marked) so my only chance to defend Pentex was blocking with the weenie. I've got torporized and the Blood Brothers won. When I played the Slam in that last combat, I replaced an Eyes of Argus. Had I seen that 1 card earlier so I could block with Tatu the game win had been mine. If I hadn't blocked that last action the Blood Brother would have played a Hive Mind for untaping and an Oppugnant Night afterwards, so I'd be dead, too.

I still have a good feeling for this deck, it neads some little tweaks here and there, but it has potential.

by: Mephistopheles

No comments:

Post a Comment