Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

First Imbued Experience

Hi folks!

I've just played with the Imbueds the very first time. Kevin was right, I've just played them 'cause I've got the booster boxes for free. However it turned out that it is actually fun to play them. There are just so many things you have to think of. It's a little bit more challenging than to play Govern-Stealth-Conditioning.

Well it was a four player table. My prey played a Ravnos anarch vote deck, my cross table buddy played an Aching Beauty deck and my predator played some Salubri/Harbringer toolbox. My predator was busy surviving so I could get some stuff. Angel of Berlin gave me an Ivory Bow and a Crusader sword. I didn't drew Travis in my crypt, but pool was still not a problem. Vampiric Desease turned out to be a cool card and Young Bloods just rocked the house. Since the Toreador didn't felt like cross table ousting me, I could safely build up strength and oust my prey. In the end I made the sweep.

Seeing the deck from the inside is pretty interesting. It's actually very similar to the Khazar's Peasant deck: if you want to stop that deck you just need to block everything right away. I don't know if I will take the deck to a tournament, but it was good to get to know my enemies...

by: Mephistopheles

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For many years I didn't like the Imbued (to say the least), but after last year's EC I started to play Imbued for real .. and I began to like them. With all the permanents on the table, it's always like a complex puzzle which needs to be solved to make the table.

    The only thing I still don't like is the lack of interaction with your cross-table "buddies". No rescue, no vote assistance, etc.

    And as you said .. it's always good to know thy enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Imbueds. Especially after the ban of Memories and Edge Explosion. Much more diverse then first thought and quite fun. And people start shaking when they see your deck, 'cos they don't know what the hell to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I want to try them so hard! Even though I have the deck buildt except for Unmasking, I'm not having chances to play this days.

    I agree with Baaliprimogen, they are diverse, at first glance I thought about the typical deck with Determine and Vigilance, and also about a Cleave deck with WWS, Living Wood Staff, and it would be awesome to make an Expiate deck heheh (?)

    The only matter is that there is A LOT of tech against allies, and if you see PRE on table, you can expect some Entrancements, so pray you have enough React Witch Convictions..

    Congrats for the sweep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started to play imbued for almost same reason. they piseed me off so many times that I started just from curiosity.
    I was wondering that in my first game i made a full sweep and thereafter i worked out the deck and finished it for tournament play. right now i can say imbueds are interesting but it's not a Vampire... as all guys here around laugh to me: Stop playin Ally this game is caled Vampire :D

    ReplyDelete