Pages

Sunday 21 March 2010

Tournament Report: HNC Nagymaros

I've just got the link for the pictures from the HNC tournament in Nagymaros. It is a lovely town next to the Danube and since spring has finally arrived we had a wonderful Saturday.

Thirty players gathered together at the local club house for this event which was just great, since basic mathematics teaches us that 6x5=30 :)

There were surprisingly many aggressive bleed and vote decks and I have seen only 2 wall decks, which is really rare around here. At least there was only one time out and most of the tables finished within 1,5 hours.

Here are some of the pictures taken at the scene:




If you want to see all pictures click here: Balazs Palfy's Picasa Webalbum

I've decided to play a Kiasyd stealth-bleed deck, which turned out to be a good choice. It has pretty good combat defence with Obedience, Stone Travel, Fae Contortion and Oubliette, can bounce bleed and can bleed for a crazy lot.

I had a very bad card draw during the first round so I couldn't oust my first prey. From all those combat defence cards mentioned above I didn't draw any when I needed it. After a successful rescue action and a Giant's Blood I tried to oust my prey, but all the cards I drew where those combat cards I would have needed the turns earlier. 0Vp

The second and third rounds where much better. During the second round I had a Lucian the Perfect deck as a prey, who ousted his prey with two actions (2x bleed 9)! Fortunately his next prey AI'd him on his next action. Two turns later I played a "heads up" against a Anarch Torador! bleed deck. I Sudden Reversal-ed his Coven, so he had to hunt. On my turn I tapped Isanwayen for an additional master phase action and Pentex-ed him. 1GW 3Vp's


I played my deck during the third round very slow. Lot's of Govern the Unaligned at superior and a Great Symposium helped me to get out 4 vampires. My predator was an Ahriman Wall deck, but fortunately for me, he was really busy with a weenie obf computer hacker. My prey went down to 6 pool, but played a Guardian Angel and a sport bike. He didn't have enough wakes though, since he never got the chance to cycle his combat cards (he played a Themistocles deck) 'cause of my Stone Travels. Meanwhile my grand prey ousted the weenie obf deck and some turns later the Ahriman wall too, but had to use 2 Daring the Dawns. Another well timed Pentex won me the game. 1GW 3Vp's

The Finals:

Gyula Erdos - Ventrue! (I name it Yawn 0.0) 1st seat with 3 Gw's 13 Vp's
Zsolt Cziraki - Teh Unnamed bleed deck 2nd seat with 3 Gw's 11 Vp's
Martin Major - Kyasid Stealth-Yawn 3rd seat with 2 GW's 6 Vp's
Zoltan Panyik - Weenie Pander-Caitiff vote 4th seat with 1 Gw 7,5 Vp's
Peter Botos - Protean-Dominate stealth-yawn 5th seat with 1 GW 5,5 Vp's

Seating order: Zoltan Panyik -> Zsolt Cziraki -> Peter Botos -> Gyula Erdos -> Martin Major

The finals began with a real assault. Zsolt Cziraki didn't have a third untap phase. After this, the game slowed down a little. I managed to bring my Priscus in the game and Peter had a bishop. Since Zoltan had only two Crusade's in the game we could always make 1 referendum to fail with the edge. I also could block Zoltan once with an Aura Absorption and drew a delaying tactics to save Peter. Three turns later I finally managed to oust Zoltan (I had to bleed him out from 24 pool). By this time Peter was still weak and Gyula already had 5 vampires. Peter tried to oust Gyula, who deflected all the bleeds, so he could oust me in his turn. Two minutes later Gyula won the game. Congratulations!

Here is my deck list:

Deck Name: Yawn 1.0
Created By: Martin "Mephistopheles" Major
Description: Yawn 6 at 3 stealth.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 25, Max: 32, Avg: 7,08)
----------------------------------------------
2 Arcadian DOM MYT OBT chi for8 Kiasyd
3 Isanwayen DOM MYT OBT 6 Kiasyd
2 Omme Enberbenight cel dom MYT OBT7 Kiasyd
2 Pherydima obt pot DOM MYT NEC8 Kiasyd
3 Roderick Phillips March cel obt tha DOM MYT7 Kiasyd

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (13 cards)
2 Capitalist
1 Coven, The
1 Dark Influences
2 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Giant`s Blood
1 Great Symposium
1 Pentex Subversion
1 Sudden Reversal
2 Vessel
1 Wash

Action (14 cards)
10 Govern the Unaligned
4 Gremlins

Action Modifier (22 cards)
3 Bonding
8 Conditioning
4 Seduction
7 Stone Travel

Reaction (20 cards)
7 Deflection
2 Delaying Tactics
5 Obedience
6 On the Qui Vive

Combat (7 cards)
7 Oubliette

Combo (14 cards)
7 Aura Absorption
7 Fae Contortion

I am still waiting for Gyula's deck list. I will post it as soon as I get it.


by: Mephistopheles

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for the win! And a nice tournament report too.

    I always thought that Hungary is the land Animalism combat and intercept decks. After seeing the names of the finalist's decks, I think have to reconsider ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ralf!

    Normally you are right, we quite often have a lot of animalism combat and even more wall decks. This tournament was a pleasant surprise for me, too.

    ReplyDelete