Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tournament Report: HNC Veresegyház

Hi foks!

Just a brief report on this tournament. I played a 60 card version of Baltimore Purge + Mind Rape based on advanced Marcus Vitel. Why him? Because he has awesome disciplines and he is a Lasombra so I only need him to be able to set off the bomb. 

Brief report is brief, so all I have to say for the 2nd and 3rd table is that I got ousted really fast. In the 2nd round it was a 4 player table and my cross table buddy, a Lutz deck, had the best draw ever and played flawlessly. He made his Gamw Win with 3 Vp's in like 20 minutes (if not faster) because he realized that all he has to do is to back oust the Anson Gun deck. I got a vp from this, yay, but there was never a doubt who will walk ever with the Game Win. In the third table I played like 4 minutes. Weenie Dementation crossy bled me (via bounce) for 7 and my own predator bled me for more.

So the interesting table was the first one.This was the seating:

Csaba Greguss (Aus/Obf Nosferatu stealth bleed, cool deck) - Péter Ádám (Ventrue! multi act) - CZ (Goratrix bleed) - Myself

I started with a good ol' Pentex Subversion on Goratrix. I felt save and tapped out. I did my nasty stuff. Bad luck no.1.: Pentex contest by Gora and a bleed for 7! Ouch! Well no big problem. I Graverobbed, Mind Raped, diablerized etc, but there were too many vamps on the table to deal with everything. Well I could steal a Gustav Mallenhous from Péter Ádám. Bad luck no.2.: he plays 2 Banishments in a 90 card deck and already drew one. He could pass the Banishment together with Csaba by 1 vote (Kyle did it). So I lost Gustav who returned to Péter Ádám. No big deal, repeat and Gustav's back to me. Bad luck no.3.: He drew his 2nd Banishment and could pass it by 1 vote again. Ouch. 

Too many things happened to remember everything, too much detail. Let it be enough that there was one more window when I could have ousted Csaba: I played a Coven to have that extra action for the oust, but it got Suddened. Bad luck no.4.

All in all, this was the table a could have and should have won. It was not only due to bad luck that I couldn't win it of course. In the first turn when I started to do the diablerie and Graverobbing thing I made mistakes. Too bad, cause I had a vp later on and 1GW 5 Vp's would have been enough for the final. I'll try to do it better next time.

I do not post the deck list because I want to play with it again and I don't want my fellow Hungarian players to see what is in the box...

by: Mephistopheles      

6 comments:

  1. I hope i see your deck, next time. :)
    I pack 4 Pentex, just for fun. *blaaahhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance for Csaba's decklist? Aus/Obf Nosferatu stealth bleed sound interesting and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, he won't share his deck list I am sure. For the same reason I don't. But the basic idea was to use Benjamin Rose, Federico di Padua and Jeremy "Wix" together with some weenies. He used perma bleed cards like Pulse of the Canaille, Camera Phone and the 2 +1 bleed retainers. The trick that makes it work is Warsaw Station. He played like 4 copies ina 70 card deck to untap and bleed right away. It's a nifty little deck and does work surprisingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you managed to steal Gustav? with a Mind Rape or a Graverobing? cause if it was with a graverobing the Gustav Banished goes to your incontrolled region and not to the former controller's one

    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/eaf8ab8937bbd695?hl=fr&lr&ie=UTF-8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuck!!! It was with Graverobbing! I was unsure so I asked other players and they all said he would return to his original owner. This cost me the Game Win. Shit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always turn to Vampire any time i want to. i become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my country. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete