Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

What a flavor text!

Hi folks!

I just came along this by accident and I couldn't go pass this. There is a little flavor text on Anesthetic Touch: "Just relax; this won't hurt, much.Blanche Hill, Salubri"


It just reminded me of a deck I played for maybe more than 2 years. It was my favorite deck at that time and I played many finals with it, though I could never win one. Well, I should have quoted Blanche when playing it!

This was the final version:

Deck Name: Blanche and Friends
Created By: Martin "Mephistopheles" Major
Description: Fresh Blood Vienna
2009.03.01
2 GW 9 VP 0VP 2. place


Crypt:
----------------------------------------------
4 Blanche Hill aus FOR OBE 6 Salubri
1 Blackhorse Tanner AUS DOM FOR 7 Ventrue Antitribu
1 Edward Neally aus DOM FOR pre7 Ventrue Antitribu
1 Owain Evans cel pre AUS DOM FOR8 Ventrue Antitribu
1 Vanessa aus DOM FOR pre6 Ventrue Antitribu
1 Ranjan Rishi DOM for PRE 5 Ventrue
1 Catherine du Bois DOM for obf pre5 Ventrue
1 Ingrid Russo for DOM4 Ventrue Antitribu (was a typo here earlier)
1 Lana Butcher dom for 3 Ventrue

Library: (60 cards)
-------------------
Master (10 cards)
2 Vessel
2 Dominate
4 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Pentex Subversion
1 Giant`s Blood

Action (18 cards)
8 Spirit Marionette
9 Govern the Unaligned
1 Slaughtering the Herd

Action Modifier (19 cards)
8 Conditioning
5 Daring the Dawn
1 Command
2 Repulsion
3 Freak Drive

Reaction (9 cards)
1 Delaying Tactics
5 Deflection
3 On the Qui Vive

Combat (4 cards)
4 Superior Mettle



5 comments:

  1. Very focused deck... Nasty !!!!

    This is a shorter version of your deck Hungarian Bleed, which Erol Oengun played in finals last years EC in Palma de Mallorca.
    I think lilith´s blessing is an obviously better choice than giant´s, nor only for the blood but to put dominate skill cards.
    Vignes is also a valuable crypt choice.
    Is command suppossed to be command of the beast ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Command is Command, cause it is a great card. Well, yes Erol copied my deck and made some changes to adjust the deck to his playstyle. I've originally built that deck end of 2006 and developed it for more than 2 years. By the time I played this Lilith's Blessing wasn't printed yet. stopped playing that deck so I won't make changes since I won't play it again.

    I am happy you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You convinced me !! I would also put a command on my spirit marionette deck. Last time I played y had I great headache against an ally deck. My choice to cope against allies is to put neutral guard, but command is indeed a valuable choice and more vampires can play it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least Erol is giving you some credit by naming his mutation "Hungarian Bleed".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes he is. I have no problem with him re-building my deck. Actually Erol saying that it is a great deck is quite an honor, imo. Erol is one of my favorite v:tes players.

    ReplyDelete