Pages

Sunday 29 August 2010

Tournament Report: ECQ Bratislava - preliminaries

Hi folks!

Finally I got to play v:tes again, this time at an ECQ. As I wrote earlier I needed a divine inspiration. Though the inspiration I've got wasn't divine enough, I did ok. Since I had no time to build a new deck by myself and also I was bored by my old decks I've decided to check the TWDA for something I can build. I've picked Martin Weinmayer's EC winning deck. I made some minor changes in it, like adding 2 copies of mind numb, a card I really missed there.

So here is what happened:

1st round: Me -> Richard Glasner (Ravnos Bree/Boon) -> ??? (Assamite) -> ??? (Arika+obf ventrue)

I had a really good start here! First turn Dreams of the Sphinx, then Troublemaker, Wider View, another Dreams. The master cards were really coming the way they should. Crypt was fine, too. I was aware that sitting between 2 vote decks I can't afford any delay, so I went forward as fast as possible. Thanks God that Arika didn't draw enough politics, so she came bleeding. That was just what I needed to oust faster. After I've ousted Richard I really had no problem with gaining the Second vp. The 1vs1 game against Arika seemed hard in the beginning, but the deck ran out of stealth cards and I could DI a nasty Parity Shift. I managed to block both Arika and Queen Anne and after we both hit for 1, they were left with 0 blood on them. The Pentex I played on Arika was an overkill, but funny for me... 1GW 4 VP

2nd round: Me -> Matus (Owain) -> Jakub (Baali) -> Colos (Petaniqua) -> Maros (OBF-DEM)

Maros had a great start here. He played a Pentex Subversion on Petaniqua right away, leaving him with no predator at all. Maros kept bleedin me like hell, in the early stages of the game I managed to bounce some of them. I tried to bleed Owain myself, but either it was more of a wall deck then I thought, or Matus just had a great draw. I didn't manage to make any pool damage to him. I've got ousted shortly later. 0VP

3rd round: Me-> Botos (PRO-DOM) -> Dano (Cybele-o-tron) -> Tomas (Anson + Volker/Ashur)

This was basically a race against time. I knew that under normal circumstances I can oust Botos, but with the combat engine behind me it seemed like a real challenge. Tomas torporized Cybele right away, and was going for me pretty soon. Fortunately I managed to outspeed him and got my VP before a Frontal Assault + Haven Uncovered on the new Cybele won Tomas the game. 1VP

So altogether I made 1GW 5VP's which was enough for a tied 7th place. I did qualify the 3rd time, but once more missed the final by 0,5 VP's. The place was really ok and the people were all very nice. We enjoyed the game, and that is the most important thing. I hope the people there will start organizing more tournaments!!! I made a bunch of pictures, check them here!

And here is my deck:

Deck Name: A tribute to v:tes in Austria
Created By: Martin Weinmayer, tweaked by Martin "Mephistopheles" Major

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 12, Max: 24, Avg: 4,5)
---------------------------------------------
1 Gideon Fontaine PRE 3 Ventrue
1 Isabel de Leon AUS 3 Toreador
1 Jazz Wentworth dom for PRE 5 Ventrue
3 Jost Werner ani AUS PRE 6 Toreador Antitribu
1 Lolita for pre 3 Toreador Antitribu
1 Mariana Gilbert cel PRE 4 Toreador
1 Ramiel DuPre aus cel dom PRE5 Toreador
1 Remilliard AUS pre 4 Toreador Antitribu
1 Roland Loussarian for pre 3 Ventrue
1 Sheila Mezarin AUS cel for PRE6 Toreador Antitribu

Library: (80 cards)
-------------------
Master (14 cards)
2 Anarch Troublemaker
1 Coven, The
2 Direct Intervention
3 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Giant`s Blood
2 Misdirection
2 Pentex Subversion
1 Wider View

Action (18 cards)
2 Art Scam
7 Enchant Kindred
3 Entrancement
4 Intimidation
2 Mind Numb

Action Modifier (13 cards)
8 Aire of Elation
3 Change of Target
2 Daring the Dawn

Reaction (24 cards)
2 Delaying Tactics
2 Eyes of Argus
4 My Enemy`s Enemy
4 On the Qui Vive
8 Telepathic Misdirection
4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (8 cards)
8 Majesty

Combo (3 cards)
3 Force of Personality

I will write a very detailed report of the final soon!

by: Mephistopheles

No comments:

Post a Comment