Pages

Monday 9 August 2010

Summon History: gods in v:tes

Hi folks!

It's been a while since my last Summon History article. This time I decided against writing an actual article. Instead I will list those crypt cards who refer to certain gods and give you a link to some sites. I think most of us do know some basic stuff about these deities, but I thought that it might be nice to have the complete list here. So here they are, by alphabetical order:

Ankou


Cybele


Huitzilopochtli


Louhi


Mictlantecuhtli


Nergal


Sutekh


Voodoo gods (Loa)



Others (Semi-gods, spirits, giants, etc)




If you guys know of any other god being a v:tes crypt card, please tell me!

by: Mephistopheles

8 comments:

  1. Oh!

    I forget to list Frederick the Weak, the God of all multi-rush decks. Sorry for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louhi (how's that deck coming along?) is a sort of a witch-goddess as well being a Kalevala (Finnish national epic) larger-than-life villain:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...oh yeah, also Ankou
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankou

    And, pretty weirdly, Nakhthorheb is an alternative name for Nectanebo II who was a Pharaoh (and Pharaohs were gods):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nectanebo_II

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Matias! I will add Louhi and Ankou to the list. The Pharaohs I will post seperatly.

    I didn't play v:tes for a long time, so I didn't have a chance to play the Louhi deck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baron Samedi is a voodoo god of death. Papa Legba is voodoo god (loa) of... hell of a lot of things mainly fate and crossroads, and information... a messenger god. Enkidu is a sumerian demigod. Erinyi (Erinys) - grecian godess of vengeance only named after them though, not a full WoD counterpart. Same way some of the salubri antitribu are named after angels. Obaluaye is an orisha god of disease. And yea there are a lot of pharaos - but I actually don't count those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Eshu! Isn't Enkidu the human guy from the Gilgames Epos?

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was created by the gods as Gilgamesh's equal I think he was more of an epic character like Hercules - who was still revered later as a god of strenght... Probably a matter of interpretation if an equal to a demigod is a demigod heh... I am not totally sure in this one. am better at voodoo pantheon than ancient sumerian stories...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ariadne was married to Dionysus and made a goddess. She was jilted by Theseus whom she helped to kill her half-brother the minotaur.

    ReplyDelete